PRIVACY NOTICE (Why I collect your personal data and what I do with it)
When you supply your personal details to Revive Therapy they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – ie the law):
1. I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide treatment.
2. I have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it I wouldn’t be able to do my job effectively and safely.
3. I also think that it is important that I can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let me know by any convenient method.
I have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask me to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, I will retain your records indefinitely in order that I can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored on paper, in locked filing cabinets.
Electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist records service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• The medical records service who store and process my files
• Your practitioner in order that they can provide you with treatment, organise and coordinate appointments and reminders
I also use Mailchimp to coordinate our messages, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours I hold, and you can also ask me to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask me to erase your records.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that I am mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. As I am a sole trader that complaint will come direct to me but please be assured that I will take any complaints very seriously. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
07985 523 570
266 Morville Street Bow E32DZ
If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Many thanks for reading this policy.
Updated May 2018