V Franks – SEN Teacher
Just had the most wonderfully relaxing and comprehensive pregnancy massage with Casey. She is absolutely fantastic and I would whole-heartedly recommend her to anybody, pregnant or not.
While pregnant, the body undergoes numerous changes physically as well as physiologically and spiritually. The physical changes can cause stress and or discomfort to the mother. Massage is a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, as well as promotes a sense of well-being.
You will be supported with pillows as you lies on your side, and will be covered with towels and blankets, with only the body part that is being worked on exposed.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones lose muscles relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue.
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes on up to 10-15% after a massage.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
Treatments from £65