Casey’s touch was just what I needed, especially given all the discomfort that comes with being 39 weeks pregnant! It was a real treat – I left feeling so blissful, rejuvenated and well taken care of. Because I was already full-term, Casey employed techniques to encourage my baby to start his descent. And 2 days later, he arrived! I would highly recommend investing in Casey’s care – during pregnancy and beyond!
L Kitololo of Lulu Kitololo Creative Studio
While pregnant, the body undergoes numerous changes physically as well as physiologically and spiritually. The physical changes can cause stress and or discomfort to the mother. Massage is a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, as well as promotes a sense of well-being.
You will be supported with pillows as you lies on your side, and will be covered with towels and blankets, with only the body part that is being worked on exposed.
Pregnancy Massage can help
- Reduce swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessen sciatic pain
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones loose muscles, relaxes and can help increase flexibility
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable